Flush with our recent successes in finishing up 'bots we're left with two big 'uns to wrap up, so we need to get to it! Tonight we're hoping to finish the frame for the featherweight, so we have some drilling and milling to get on with. Hit Back after viewing an image.
It took a bit of sanding to get the first wall to fit - if we meet the person who designed all these anoying angles into the 'bot we'll throttle them! But eventually we were able to install the wall, and moved on to the second.
Ta-daa! Turns out sanding down the wall end goes faster with a fresh belt, but we finally have the frame for the 30lb'er done, except for a few slots in the front wall which we can deal with pretty easily with Milly later. Also, the square nuts are a stupid idea, so we won't be doing that again; we're going to have to hot-glue them into their slots at some point soon.
Now the outside is done, we took a few moments to practice the layout on the inside. There should be plenty of space for wiring etc., so we should be able to whip through that part.
And no time like the present! We've installed the three Victor 883 speed controllers, and we have a test-fit of the large Whyachi power switch done too, so we could - in theory - set about wiring the drive motors.
So let's push the boat out a bit and do some wiring. We've begun hooking the drive motors to the speed controllers. Unfortunately it's a school night, so we need to wrap this up, and pick it up again tomorrow - hopefully with a quick test drive!